Scattered Thoughts on Breakfast

Breakfast is the first meal of the day. It literally means breaking the fasting of the prior night. Disclaimer - I am not a morning person, nor a night owl. I absolutely love my sleep. I find solace in my sleep. I take my sleep very seriously. For that, most of the time in the past, I skipped breakfast for some extra minutes of sleep. 
However, as a self-imposed punishment, as cliche as it sounds, I made a new year resolution for 2019 to wake up an hour earlier in the morning to have a slight head start of the day. To be honest, I desperately yearned for my lost hour of sleep in the beginning. I did not believe much in what people say about the extra hour, extra benefits stuffs. 
Nonetheless, I planned to do some exercise - the time I could never find in the afternoon after whole day of office and to prepare proper meals, both breakfast and lunch, during that extra hour. I recently changed by job and as far as I was concerned the new office does not have a proper canteen like my old job so regardless of the extra hour or not, I need to whip up something for lunch. So, it's only fair that I also put together something for breakfast. After all, it is the most important meal of the day, to quote google. 
In addition to these changes, I recently bought an outdoor table and seats as birthday gift for my husband. The reason behind buying this outdoor seating is that we are not spending enough time outside, away from the air conditioning. So, I thought having a seating outside would encourage us more to spend more time there. I don't know about my husband who acquired those seats as birthday gifts, but certainly for me, I've been making the best use of them since Day -1. I am having every meal possible there, I'm taking my drinks there, I'm working on my laptop there and also reading books there. 
Out of all the things and all the times I spend there, breakfasting on proper food and coffee there after my morning run/workout is my absolute favorite. From up there, I overlook neighborhood dogs going and returning from their walk, people going on morning errand runs and exercises, food sellers going in and out of the street selling breakfast food and cooking ingredients, etc.  Sometimes, I play Norah Jones and Frank Sinatra on Spotify, turn on TV for the breaking news, check the work emails or just simply read some books. Now, having leisurely breakfast out on the balcony for like 15 mins is the thing I look forward to most in a day - not sleep anymore. It wakes me up, gives me the sense of satisfaction and accomplishment, and gives me time to plan the day ahead. So, yes, now I do believe in an extra hour, extra benefits stuffs. They are as real and magical as unicorns :)






Comments

Popular Posts